Planning a Wedding: Who Pays for What?
Planning a wedding is an exciting time, but it can also be a bit awkward when deciding which family should pay for various services. Here is a list of traditionally who pays for what durning the wedding to help guide you as you plan your special day.
Wedding Venue and Ceremony
- Bride’s family pays for venue
- Groom’s family pays/finds officiant and pays for wedding license
Wedding Dress and Groom’s Tux
- Bride’s family pays for wedding dress
- Groom’s family pays for Groom’s tux
Bridal Party Attire
- Tradionally the members of the bridal party (bridesmaids and groomsmen) pay for their own attire. However, I often see in Utah that the Bride’s family pays for the bridesmaid’s attire and the Groom’s family pays for the Groomsmen’s attire.
- Bride’s family pays for decorative floral arrangements and elements
- Groom’s family pays for bride’s bouquet and boutonnieres
- Bride’s family pays for the cake
- The Groom’s family pays for the honeymoon